Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gone Fishin'

Between Christmas and New Year's, I was invited to go camping in the province of Colonia, just west of Montevideo.  The campsite was next to a river and for the next three days I relaxed, ate delicious food cooked over the fire and enjoyed seeing a different side of Uruguay I don't get to see in Montevideo.  It was nice to get a break from city life and I really enjoyed seeing this part of Uruguay again as it really reminds me of southwest Wiscsonsin.  Apparently this group of friends get together every year between Christmas and the New Year's to go camping, I was invited to join them in 2013 but I think logistics might be more difficult than just taking a bus!

Shot of the creek

Up the road from the campsite

Country road

Meal prep...I did not catch that fish

Fish over fire, water for mate heating up, great meal

The universally appreciated fun of jumping into bodies of water

No comments:

Post a Comment