Monday, February 18, 2013

A Surprise Visit

Don't let the Uruguay jersey fool you, there is an American in this picture
Last Sunday I made my way down the stairs from my room to the chapel of Nuestro Salvador for church and was surprised to see three people I had never seen before.  Every once and ahwile we get visitors at Nuestro Salvador and I was excited to meet them.  It turns out that they were visiting from Norway.  Two of them, who are sisters, had lived in Uruguay while their father was serving as a missionary for a Lutheran church in Norway and were back for a visit.  The third visitor was the husband of one of the sisters.  He didn't speak Spanish so I had a nice talk to him in English and I made sure to let them know that my family is Norwegian-American.  It turns out they live about 3 hours away from where my ancestors are from in Norway, which was an interesting connection.  After the service, we took a picture of me, the Norwegians and Pastor Octavio, quite the international morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment