Sunday, December 30, 2012

Feliz Navidad!

I had the opportunity to spend Christmas with Milton, the director of La Obra and his family.  I went to his house during the afternoon the 24th, where I spent the rest of the day eating too much and meeting all the different people that came by with holiday greetings.  At 11:00 Milton, his wife, two kids and his wife's parents and I sat down for Christmas Eve dinner.  (Dinner is typically a pretty late meal here)  During the dinner the kids kept asking if it was midnight yet and at first I thought that might have been their bedtime.  However, this was far from the case as around 11:50 I started to hear the rumble of fireworks and we all went out to the street to watch the show.  There were fireworks going off in every direction and Milton brought out some to light as well.  Now when I say everyone was shooting off fireworks I don't mean the tiny sparklers kind that you buy for you kids, these were loud, spectacular, booming, hissing, likely a zoning violation in the United States, sparkling, multicolored fireworks  that combined with the fact it was 95 degrees out made me feel like it was 4th of July. 


No comments:

Post a Comment